The VIP valve (Omal patented) is a proper automatic valve embodying both interception device (between pipe C-D) and control device (A-B).
It works thanks to the internal movement of a piston supplied with air. At the end of its stroke (a VIP valve is an ON/OFF valve), the piston presses on the seat seal or moves away from it letting the intercepted fluid flow or stopping it from flowing.
As the seat is perfectly tight and the intercepted fluid pressures discharge on it, the pressure necessary to move the piston is completely independent of the fluid pressure.
As a result Omal has been able to design a light space saving and lasting valve. Its full bore and its improved internal dynamics allow minimum pressure losses.
- Both Double Acting and Spring Return VIP valves (either Normally Open or Normally Closed) are available in sizes ranging from 3/8” to 2”.
- Unidirectional flow.
- Bsp (gas) threaded ends as per UNI/ISO 7/1 Rp (ISO 228/1) - DIN 2999 (NPT threads upon request) with control
- fluid connections as per NAMUR interface.
- Improved fluid dynamics allow minimum pressure losses.
- VIP valves can be used in any mounting position (horizontal, vertical or oblique).
- They can be provided with seals in NBR, FKM or EPDM:
- NBR: suitable for air, gas, oils, water etc..
- FKM (Viton): perfectly suitable for most fluid. Unsuitable for steam.
- EPDM: perfectly suitable for hot water and steam. Unsuitable for mineral products (oils, grease, etc..).
For further information about gas, explosive fluids, material compatibilities etc. please contact our technical department.
- Valve opening and closing can be signalled by means of external magnetic limit switches (to be requested on ordering the valves, as they cannot be assembled afterwards).
According to 2014/68/EU “PED” - 2014/34/EU ATEX configuration to require on moment of order.